Welcome to the New Amsterdam Theatre. To ensure a safe and enjoyable entertainment experience for all of our patrons, please respect the following rules:
- Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind during the performance is not permitted.
- All persons, bags, parcels, clothing, and other items may be subject to screening and/or security checks. Large bags must be stored at coat check. Patrons with concerns may request an alternative screening process.
- Patrons shall not smoke tobacco or use e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke in the theatre at any time.
- Patrons consuming alcoholic beverages in the theatre will do so in a responsible manner. The New Amsterdam Theatre reserves the right to promptly and safely intervene with visibly intoxicated patrons.
- Patrons shall comply with requests from theatre staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Patrons shall sit only in their ticketed seats and must display their tickets if requested by a staff member of the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- Patrons arriving late to a performance shall be seated at the discretion of house management.
- Patrons under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a patron age 14 or older to enter the theatre.
- Patrons shall not engage in behavior with the intention of disrupting a performance in any way.
- Patrons shall not hang, display or distribute material in the theatre.
- Patrons shall not engage in unauthorized events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.
The following items may not be brought into the New Amsterdam Theatre:
- Weapons of any kind (including firearms, ammunition, knives, mace, scissors, etc.,), including objects that appear to be weapons or toy guns (including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.).
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or any illegal substance.
- Outside food and/or beverage.
- Cameras and/or video-recording equipment (may be stored at coat check).
- Flashlights and/or laser pointers.
- Noisemaking devices and/or fireworks.
- Printed material, signs, and/or banners.
- Pets or other animals, except approved service animals (e.g., dogs and miniature horses). Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
- Other items that we determine, in our discretion, to be harmful or disruptive.
New Amsterdam Theatre has the right to refuse entry, or to require a person already admitted to leave the theater without refund, liability or compensation, if we consider that the circumstances so require.
This Code of Conduct is subject to change without notice.